RO-VELO EPIC TOUR Randonneur 2020 is a BRM1200+ ultra-brevet, with a length of 2020 km, that will occur once every 4 years, organized for the first time in Romania by the national representative of Randonneurs Mondiaux, the organization Adevaratii VeloPrieteni Romania and Randonneurs Romania, in partnership with the regional representatives.
The first edition of the ultra-brevet RO-VELO EPIC TOUR Randonneur 2020 will take place between July 11th and July 19th 2020, organized in 6 stages¸ each of the stages being a BRM, as follows:
– July 11th, Stage 1, BRM300: Bucharest – Focsani
– July 12th, Stage 2, BRM200: Focsani – Iasi
– July 13th, Stage 3, BRM400: Iasi – Sibiu
– July 14th, Rest day – Sibiu
– July 15th, Stage 4, BRM200: Sibiu – Transfagarasan – Sibiu
– July 16th, Stage 6, BRM300: Sibiu – Arad
– July 17th, Stage 7, BRM600: Arad – Bucharest
The route of the ultra-brevet RO-VELO EPIC TOUR Randonneur 2020, with a length of 2020 de km, an elevation gain of approximately 15000 meters and 22 control points, can be completed in one of the following three options:
1. GREEN Group (time limit: 202 hours): completing the 6 BRMs within the proposed stages with an organized start for each stage and breaks in-between them, participants will have time to rest and will be provided with accommodations, meals & drinks and the luggage transport between the control points organized by the regional representatives of Randonneurs Romania and the partners of the organizers.
2-3. RED ONE Group (time limit: 160 hours) and RED TWO Group (time limit: 202 hours): participants will complete the ultra-brevet at their own pace, without having the respect the proposed stages but also without being able to benefit from the amenities available in the control points organized by the regional representatives of Randonneurs Romania and the partners of the organizers.